Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nevertheless

My Nevertheless CD came in the mail from Amazon today!

Now, for those who don't know, Nevertheless is a Christian band that the awesome AJ Cheek was a part of before joining the Christian band Revive. Nevertheless disbanded a few years ago, after only two CDs (and two EPs).

I was very curious about the band since AJ was in it. As I'm sitting here listening to their debut album, Live Like We're Alive, it seems sort of strange (in a good way) that AJ is the one on guitars in the songs. I think my curiosity paid off, because Nevertheless is really good! It's sad that the band broke up, because they really have talent, but I'm also glad that they did, because AJ was the perfect person to replace Tyler Hall in Revive. Now that I've heard what Nevertheless sounds like, I'm going to have to buy their second (and last) CD, plus the one EP that actually has additional original songs on it.



Right now, on my first listen, the last song jumps out at me. I would say it's my favorite so far :)
It's a song called Oh Child, and it's about how much God loves us, and how much He wants us to love Him back.

So overall, I think I would rate this CD 4 out of 5 stars. I think you should really check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment